A 47-year-old British man discovered that what his doctors thought was a lung tumor was actually something stuck inside his body. A playmobil plastic traffic cone toy to be exact.
The traffic cone was received by the patient as a birthday present at 7-years-old. He swallowed the toy a whopping 40 years ago. Up until about a year ago, a persistent cough drove the man to the doctor where an X-ray showed the cone in his lungs.
39 years of this little toy cone never bothering him, but that cough may have saved him from surgery and other potentially serious issues.
Moral of this story = If you swallow a toy, get it removed!!